Among infants less than one year of age, American Indians and Alaska Natives have 8 times the rate of motor vehicle traffic deaths than that of non-Hispanic whites.
American Journal of Public Health, 2014
The MVIP program offers proven strategies to plan, implement and evaluate various injury prevention initiatives. Our highly trained Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS) brings programs directly to tribal communities where participants receive free hands-on car seat safety training and safe seat belt use.
Our IPS provides nationwide training and technical assistance related to core MVIP curriculum:
- Car Seat Checkpoints
- Basic Child Passenger Safety Awareness
- Prioritizing MVIP Interventions
- Strategies to Increase Restraint Use
Several of these classes prepare participants to develop the skills needed to administer these initiatives within their own community.
Our IPS provides direct technical assistance to address specific tribal concerns and to provide guidance on a broad range of topics including data collection and analysis, implementing interventions, conducting evaluations of interventions and developing safety messages.
Have an injury prevention technical assistance request?
- Call 833-484-9944 (toll free) for prompt assistance.
- Email email@example.com,
- Contact Walt Catlett, Outreach and Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options and resources.
- Reach out directly to Kelly Powell, TTAP IPS. Find her contact information below.